[It’s up and available here.]
After a lot of fussing (OCD is a life-long companion, like living with Felix and if you don’t know who that is, never mind) I have edited Homestead for publication as an ebook with Kindle. It should go live sometime tomorrow and at that point I’ll post the link here. In the meantime, here’s the cover.
Lots of good news:
1. I’ve slightly revised most of the chapters, which makes me happy to get rid of little niggles and clarify some things.
2. I’ve added illustrations and photos, as well as a map. I may add more, if the response is positive. And if I do, anyone who has already purchased Homestead/Kindle can download it again at no additional cost.
3. I’ve moved the clan charts to the front of the book, for those people who needed them but didn’t think to look in the appendix. If there’s any complain about Homestead it usually has to do with the complicated relationships between the characters, and I’m hoping easy access to the clan charts will solve this problem.
4. It’s priced at 4.99, and there will be at least one “download for free” promotion day in the next week. Check back here or on my FaceBook page for that announcement.
And two requests:
1. Reviews are very important on Amazon, as you are probably aware, in terms of sales. Homestead has a lot of really excellent critical reviews from big places, but not so many personal reviews. If you have read it and liked it and have a moment to post a short review, I would very much appreciate the support.
2. Please spread the word. Oh and, if you know of a good marketing strategy that doesn’t cost money, please leave me a note. I’d love to hear about it.
I’m not finding this in the Kindle store yet. Soon?
sometime in the next twelve hours from now (5 pm, Pacific Standard Time) — would you please let me know when you do find it? and thanks for your support
So my curiosity got the best of me and I googled Felix and OCD and now I know what you were talking about. I also suffer from OCD – hypochondriasis in particular, which can sometimes go along with OCD. Oh well :)
Got my copy. Did you know the book is available in the Kindle/Prime Lending Library?