Here’s a proverb: Birds of a feather flock together
And here’s the deal:
1. Rewrite it.
2. Be alliterative.*
3. On Wednesday afternoon I’ll open the comments to this post.
4. The comments will stay open for one day and will close on Thursday afternoon.
5. While the comments are open, you can post your rewrite.
6. You have to use a valid email address when you post your comment.
7. One entry per person.
8. You can’t edit your entry once you’ve posted it.
9. I’ll pick one winner. That person will get a free, signed first edition of Queen of Swords.
*Alliteration is not a repetition of letters, it is a repetition of sounds. These phrases are all alliterative:
reason to write
fan of photos
score the school
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
These phrases are not alliterative even though they start with the same written letter:
see the shell
thwart the twin
Final note: this is actually supposed to be fun. Give it a try, you’ll like it.