This is a public service announcement. Some simple facts:
1. On December 19, Apple Computer sent me an empty box. The sole purpose of the box was to put my computer into it, so it could be shipped safely. Apple used DHL for shipping.
2. On December 20 the box arrived at the DHL facility in Burlington WA, which is 18 miles from my home.
3. On December 28 DHL has stil failed to deliver the box to me, 18 miles away.
4. After repeated telephone calls I finally drove to DHL, with my computer in hand.
5. The box was handed over to me with many apologies. I packed up the computer in front of them.
6. They filled out the paperwork in front of me. I signed it. I got the receipt. I was told it would go out immediately.
7. Today, January 2, the box with my computer in it is still sitting in the DHL facility in Burlington, Washington. It is no closer to the Apple repair facility than it was on December 19, when Apple dispatched the box to me.
8. I am now waiting to hear back from DHL on this.
I am working on a loan computer. Which means I have to give it back, and soon. If my calm, reasonable self loses the struggle to stay on top of this, the Italian me will probably be calling my lawyer to ask how to sue DHL for damages.
So, the lesson to be learned: Do not use DHL. DHL is crap. Do not buy stock in DHL for the same reason. Do not believe the DHL support staff, office staff, help line staff when they make solemn promises. They lie.
Now I have to call Apple and ask them what the hell is going on, and why they use DHL to start with.